When you scroll through social media sites, you probably notice many different posts about how to benefit your skin and your hair. People are always looking for ways to stay healthy and natural products are very popular.
Honey has been known to have natural healing properties and it is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, enzymes, probiotics, minerals, and more. It has antibacterial properties that help clean your skin and your hair. Continue reading to learn the five benefits of honey on skin and hair.
*We earn a commission for products purchased through affiliate links on our site.
1. Create an Amazing Moisturizing Face Mask
Honey has many different benefits for the skin, thanks to its proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes that all help your skin stay healthy and gorgeous. It can fight eczema, scarring, and other conditions because it is a natural exfoliator and it helps remove dead skin cells to make room for the new skin cells under them.
It also has hydrating powers and it can encourage your skin to heal and fade marks from acne, scars, and more. Follow these steps to create a moisturizing face mask. It will make your skin feel clean and soft.
- Take a tablespoon and fill it with honey.
- Scoop it into your hands.
- Spread the honey all over your face and rub it into your skin.
- Let it sit for ten to twenty minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
2. Use a Honey Treatment to Make Your Hair Shine
Honey is also good for your hair. It has natural moisturizing properties and it has emollient properties that help to smooth out your hair follicles. When you do this honey rinse after you shampoo, it will add moisture to dry hair and bring dull hair back to life.
- Mix five tablespoons of honey with two cups of warm water.
- Apply it evenly throughout all of your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Let it dry naturally (no hairdryer).
3. Use Honey as an Exfoliator on Sensitive Skin
Some people have skin that is too sensitive to handle harsh cleansers and exfoliators so they look for something that is gentle and yet effective. Honey is the perfect solution.
Honey is full of antioxidants that can nourish and hydrate your skin, and it crystallizes when it comes into contact with the heat from your skin or warm water. The tiny crystals work well as a scrub to help remove dead skin and dirt, and it will leave your skin feeling soft, clean, and healthy.
Exfoliating is important because it helps to keep your pores smaller, it hydrates your skin, and it allows the healthy skin cells underneath to reach the surface. This gives your skin a glowing smooth look. You can try exfoliating with honey once a week and see how it works for you.
- Clean your face to remove any makeup or dirt.
- Massage raw honey onto the wet skin.
- Make sure that you cover your entire face and neck.
- Rinse with warm water and pat your face dry.
4. Honey Bath Soak for Healthy Skin
Honey is good for more than your face; it has amazing properties on all of your skin. When you add honey to your bath, you get the benefits of its anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. It will help to make your skin smooth and clean, and it exfoliates your skin to get rid of dead skin cells.
It also helps to hydrate your skin and soothes any irritations. It has antimicrobial properties that help to make your skin healthy and boost your immune system. It makes you feel rejuvenated and clean, which adds to relaxation in the tub.
If you want to enhance this bath, you can add milk. Honey and milk have been used together for hundreds of years because milk is also a natural exfoliant. The two combine together to exfoliate and nourish the healthy skin cells underneath, which leaves your skin soft, smooth, and glowing. You can use the following process with honey and milk or just the honey.
- Mix a half-cup of honey with a half-cup of warm water.
- Pour mixture into 2 cups of milk.
- Stir the milk and honey mixture into your warm bath.
- Use a washcloth to exfoliate while you bathe.
- Rinse with warm water.
5. Honey Lip Treatment for Pink Lips
Honey is a great ingredient for lip treatment. It can moisturize your lips, and it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that promote health and healing. If you look at the ingredients in natural store-bought lip balms, you will see that honey is often one of the main ingredients.
However, you can make your own honey treatment and you will help to protect your lips from cracking and drying out. The antibacterial properties will help to heal any wounds or injuries on your lips and your lips will stay healthy and moisturized.
Use honey as a lip treatment to remake your lips pink and soft. One of the best ways to exfoliate your lips to revive their natural pink color is to make a scrub using honey and white sugar. It is gentle enough to work on the sensitive skin of your lips and these two ingredients work well together. On top of that, it tastes amazing.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar.
- Add olive oil and mix well.
- Massage the mixture onto your lips.
- Let it sit for ten minutes.
- Rinse your lips with warm water.
Honey is one of the most versatile natural products that you can use to help your skin and your hair stay healthy. It works well with many other natural products but on its own, it can nourish, revitalize, soothe, and promote healing in your skin and hair. When you are choosing the best honey, raw honey is always better because it hasn’t been processed and lost any of its natural enzymes. Meluka Raw Honey is a certified organic brand from Australia, and it does a great job. If you are going to use pure honey, the Manuka Pure Honey from New Zealand is one of the best products out there.
Meluka Raw Honey
Manuka Pure Honey