Gel nail polish is great because it lasts much longer than regular polish and because it has a hard-shell look that most people love. One of the biggest advantages to choosing gel nail polish is the color options now available, which truly offer something for everyone. Finding the best gel nail polish is much easier once you become familiar with some of the brands. There are certainly good reasons for getting gel manicures in the first place.
*We earn a commission for products purchased through affiliate links on our site.
Is Gel Nail Polish Safe?
Despite the rumors sometimes heard, gel polish can be used regularly unless you develop an unrelated problem with your nails. Lots of factors go into how long your gel polish will last, including how soft your fingernails are and how the polish is applied. The DIY gel nail polishes are not as good as getting a gel manicure at a nail salon; however, if applied according to directions, they can last a very long time.
Lighter colors are preferred by many people because they cover flaws more easily, which is important if you’re giving yourself a gel manicure. Below are some of the best brands of gel polish on the market today:
7 Best Light Color Gel Nail Polish Brand
Gellen Gel Nail Polish Kit
This set of six gel nail polishes include soft whites and baby pinks, and it even includes two glittery colors. Made with natural resin, the polishes are low-odor and non-toxic, so they are safe for you to wear even if you love wearing gel polishes on a regular basis. They soak off easily when you’re ready for a new color, and they can be used under either UV or LED curing lamps.
- Are very reasonably priced
- Come in numerous colors and textures
- Some claim that it doesn’t stay on for long
- There are some complaints about it chipping after a while
AIMEILI Valentine’s Day Gel Nail Kit
These polishes aren’t just for Valentine’s Day, but they do come in gorgeous shades of light pink that you’ll love. They have glossy finishes for an amazing shine and are reasonably priced at just under $18 for the kit. They last up to 21 days and can be cured by either a UV or LED light. If you love light colors such as baby pink and beige, this is the kit for you because you’ll never get tired of wearing these colors on your nails.
- Lasts up to three weeks
- Is easy to soak off and remove
- There are some complaints about the polish causing irritation
- Some claim that the polish ruined their nails
Born Pretty Translucent Gel Nail Polish
This is a set of six polishes in colors such as nude, beige, light pink, and others, and it sells for just under $19. The sheer translucent polishes are not only neutral and can therefore be worn with anything, but they are also beautiful colors that will look great on everyone. Made to be used with either LED or UV light, they also come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Comes with money-back guarantee
- Lasts up to three weeks
- There are some complaints about the polish being transparent
- Some claim that it doesn’t last long
Beetles French Gel Polish Kit
Because this polish is made for French manicures, all of the colors are soft and warm. White, beige, and soft pink are some of the colors included in the kit, and they even include two glittery colors. The kit is only $13.99 and is therefore reasonably priced, giving you one less reason not to try it.
- Is a beautiful, modern way to enjoy a French manicure
- Lasts up to three weeks
- There are some complaints about the polish chipping
- Some claim that it is very difficult to remove
Mild East Gel Nail Polish Kit
The colors in this kit will remind you of Easter eggs because they are pastels such as blue, pink, and yellow. They come in other color combinations as well, and they are made to last up to 15 days. They even come in a beautiful box, making them perfect to give away as gifts.
- Comes in very stylish, chic colors
- Lasts up to 15 days or more
- Some complaints about the polish having inconsistent texture
- Some complaints about the overall quality of the polish
Meet Across Gel Nail Polish Set
These light-colored polishes include soft pink, green, beige, and lavender, and you get a total of six colors for just under $21. They are slightly glittery but not too brash, and their glossy finish gives them a great shine when you’re done. The polishes also last up to 20 days and are made with natural resins so they are safe for your hands.
- Lasts up to 20 days
- Is very reasonably priced
- There are some complaints about the colors not matching the website
- Some claim that it is a very messy polish
VENALISA Gel Nail Polish – Nude Pink
This is some of the best gel nail polish out there, and the nearly $7 price for one bottle is well worth it once you try it and see how it works. It is available in more than 20 different colors and is made with natural resin, which means that it won’t smell bad or harm the skin around your nails. It also lasts roughly three weeks, so you’ll be able to enjoy it a very long time.
- Lasts 21+ days
- Isn’t harsh or harmful to your nails
- Some claim that the brush had uneven strands and was hard to use
- Some complain that it took forever to dry